Eagle Valley Land Trust protects forever the lands we love, to preserve our heritage, scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, and wildlife habitats, and to build a permanent legacy for future generations. Read more about EVLT’s story here.
The Eagle Valley Land Trust seeks to accomplish our mission by:
- Working in collaboration with local, regional, state, and national partners to conserve significant lands in Eagle County and surrounding area.
- Educating residents and visitors about the benefits of open space and how growth can be shaped to include open space.
- Providing information and expertise on conservation tools to landowners, public agencies, and other interested parties.
- Providing a continuum of services for landowners wishing to protect their lands through the donation or sale of conservation easements;
- Acting as stewards of the land protected by the conservation easements it holds in the Eagle County region.
- Defending in perpetuity the conservation values of property it holds in trust.
- Developing strategies and serving as a facilitator for major conservation initiatives in the region.
- Raising funds to permanently protect open space by purchasing conservation easements in this region, with the assurance to donors that 100 percent of the funds raised for projects in Eagle County are used for local and regional projects.