Few conservation easements look alike because few properties are the same, and few landowners want exactly the same provisions.
Download a copy of our model conservation easement here.
Conservation Easements are customized to meet the conservation and financial goals of individual landowners. The Model Conservation Easement is the ‘kitchen sink’ — designed by Eagle Valley Land Trust — to guide you through the process. You’ll be able to consider all benefits when creating an easement. The Model Conservation Easement is reviewed annually to ensure it is up-to-date with current regulations.
As with all EVLT conservation easements:
- You continue to own and manage your land the way you always have and as set forth in your conservation easement.
- EVLT does not meddle in the operations and management of your land.
- EVLT believes you, as the landowner, are the best steward of the land. We are here as a resource if you need help.
- You can sell your property. The next landowner must continue the stewardship and management of the land as set forth in the conservation easement.
This conservation easement establishes the benefits of the easement, including:
- Donation status
- Site improvements
- Resources management
- Rights of Grantee and Grantor
- Transfer of property
- and much more
For more information on customizing your easement, contact Eagle Valley Land Trust at 970.748.7654 or firstname.lastname@example.org.