EVLT Announces New Strategic Plan
The Eagle Valley Land Trust recently adopted a new strategic plan to guide and focus its land conservation efforts over the next three years. The strategic plan also provides a framework for the organization to improve its standards & practices and maintain accreditation with the Land Trust Alliance, the national association of land trusts, which requires compliance with rigorous best-practices. Over 35 years, EVLT has protected over 7,700 acres of open land in Eagle County in the form of conservation easements. The strategic plan, approved by the Board of Directors in May, was created with input from board members, staff, and a broad representation of stakeholders from our community.
The mission of EVLT is to preserve forever our scenic vistas, open space, historic lands, waterways, and wildlife habitats that represent the uniqueness of Eagle County and the central Rocky Mountains for the enjoyment, education, and benefit of all who experience this special place.
“Our work is not just about protecting land. It is also, fundamentally about people. Great community, great landowners, great donors, great staff, and great board members are the foundation of our work. If we serve people well, we serve the community well. This plan reminds us continuously of this critical foundational element as it helps us to prioritize projects and partnerships and guide the long-term success of the Land Trust,” said EVLT Executive Director, Jim Daus.
The plan includes five goals, each having a series of objectives. These goals inform EVLT’s direction and focus over the next three years as we work to achieve the important mission of the Land Trust:
- Serve our community by conserving high-quality properties through a strategic, pragmatic, and collaborative process.
- Protect our conserved lands by partnering with landowners to maintain and enhance conservation attributes of the land and the public benefit derived therefrom.
- Engage our community about the public benefits of land conservation to further gain support for our mission.
- Attract and retain outstanding staff, board members, and volunteers to execute the strategic plan.
- Continue to raise sufficient funding for annual operations and enhance long-term organizational sustainability.
The full strategic plan is available upon request.