Annual Giving and Events Manager Job Posting
Eagle Valley Land Trust (EVLT), a growing accredited land trust, seeks an ambitious and passionate Annual Giving and Events Manager who will be responsible for the strategic management and direct oversight of the organization’s fundraising activities. EVLT has engaged a Philanthropy Consultant who can support creation, hiring, training and onboarding for this new position, as needed. As a nonprofit land trust serving the Eagle Valley and surrounding areas, EVLT is proud to celebrate 40 years of conservation success. Throughout its history, EVLT has helped to conserve more than 14,000 acres across 38 parcels of public and private land.
In the past five years, EVLT has
- Been re-accredited by the Land Trust Accreditation Commission
- Increased the amount of land the organization is directly responsible for stewarding by more than 40% (almost 6,000 acres over 9 properties).
- More than doubled our annual revenue from $296k to over $700k (and growing)
- Expanded staff from 2.5 to 5.25 FTE
- Broadened our board of directors to include 16 individuals with backgrounds in conservation, education, fundraising, law and financial management.
- Built robust community conservation programs throughout our service area.
- Cultivated and expanded relationships and collaborative projects and coalitions with other nonprofits, businesses and governmental entities
- Built an Endowment Fund of over $2,241,000
- Supported the creation of Colorado’s 43rd State Park.
- Created a successful Land and Rivers Fund in partnership with our local watershed council, which engages local businesses to collect an additional 1% from customers to support conservation work.
In the next three years, EVLT hopes to
- Find a home on conserved land
- Continue to support private and public land conservation
- Work with our community to develop a comprehensive conservation vision
- Invest in innovative conservation tools and options for conservation
- Leverage relationships with partners and major conservation institutions and galvanize community support to activate collaborative conservation projects
- Continue to foster landowner relationships and steward conserved land
- Actively participate in community discussions where conservation has a place at the table.
- Grow our Endowment Fund to $7 million to support operations in perpetuity
- Build EVLT’s visibility and relevance within the community
- Actively engage and steward individuals in support of EVLT’s operations and project-specific needs
- Develop sustainable funding streams from institutional funders
EVLT’s new Annual Giving and Events Manager will build upon this momentum and help accelerate the pace of land protection, foster relationships with a diverse group of funders, and develop innovative programs to inspire the next generation of supporters.
The Annual Giving and Events Manager is a strong, strategic professional with fundraising experience who is motivated by a big vision. With a big heart for people, the Annual Giving and Events Manager exudes high emotional intelligence, a sense of hospitality, and recognizes that success hinges on a mindset of customer service for the organization’s donors, partners, board members, and fellow staff.
EVLT is nestled within the heart of the Rocky Mountains with recreational opportunities right outside our doors. Join the dynamic, fun team at EVLT and contribute to meaningful work including conserving the places we love and building a stronger community through philanthropy. EVLT’s work environment attracts independent, savvy individuals who enjoy work flexibility including work from home arrangements, generous benefits, strong values, and inspiring culture.
How to Apply: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found. To apply, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter explaining how you meet the key responsibilities; why you are interested in this role and how it fits with your career plans to email@example.com. Please include “Annual Giving and Events Manager” in the subject line of your email.