Our Valley – Ridgway Ranch
The Conservation of Eagle County’s Brush Creek Valley has been a community effort for nearly 50 years. Your support is urgently needed to protect a critical piece of Brush Creek for our wildlife and community, forever.
The Ridgway parcel contains one mile of Brush Creek and vital habitat for deer, elk, and other wildlife. The property is surrounded by the Brush Creek Valley Ranch and Open Space (formerly Hardscrabble Ranch), which was permanently protected in 2017 by the Eagle Valley Land Trust, Eagle County Open Space, Great Outdoors Colorado, The Conservation Fund, Eagle Ranch Wildlife Committee, Town of Eagle, and Trout Unlimited. Ridgway is one of the last large undeveloped properties in the valley that provides contiguous migration corridors for our region’s threatened wildlife.
The owners of the property, who care deeply about the valley’s future, have generously offered to sell it to Eagle County for permanent inclusion in the Brush Creek Valley Ranch and Open Space.
The Eagle Valley Land Trust is leading a grassroots effort to raise funding to help purchase the Ridgway property. Will you make a donation or pledge to fund the permanent conservation of this important property?
Funding partners include Eagle County Open Space, Eagle Valley Land Trust, Eagle Ranch Wildlife Committee, Town of Eagle, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Haymeadow, and the Land & Rivers Fund.
Here’s how you can help:
- Donate to the Campaign
- Donate Online Here – write “Our Valley” in the “Special Instructions” field.
- Donate by phone – Call EVLT’s office at (970) 748-7654.
- Donate by mail – Send a check to: Eagle Valley Land Trust | P.O. Box 3016 | Edwards, CO, 81632 | Memo Line: Our Valley
In the press:
- Vail Daily: Trust Our Land: Help wildlife this holiday season
- Vail Daily: Brush Creek Open Space poised to increase by 129 acres in 2020